In the Production Lead role, you will be responsible for leading the day-to-day operations of the production employees, maintaining positive employee relations, and supporting the Production Manager/ and management team.
- Must be able to forecast, plan and make necessary workforce adjustments to align with production schedules.
- Coordinate all employee related breaks to assure appropriate production coverage.
- Quality Management: Assure that the team operates consistently within the policies and procedures of VPET USA INC.
- Understand and enforce GMP practices
- Develop team to solve day-to-day operational issues and reach performance goals
- Safety Management
- Communicate to fellow shift leads: quality issues, shift issues and communication from Production Manager.
- Prepare various reports to include preparing shift change, order changes, audit shift's Daily production Report for accuracy.
- Responsible for notifying the appropriate department of any issues related to Warehouse, Maintenance, Quality, etc.
- Training of employees per VPET's Quality Manual System, ie: procedures and work instructions.
- Auditing employees for adherence to CPET's Quality Manuel System, ie: procedures and work instructions.
- Must be able to make decisions regarding employee performance.
Education and / or Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- 2 year degree preferred
- 2 years of experience in a supervisory role or a combination of experience and education will be considered.
- Experience in the plastic bottle industry or in manufacturing environment is desire, but not required.
- Must be able to read and write English.
Other skills and abilities:
- Ability to manage multiple task, set priorities, identify, address problems and meet deadlines.
- Self-motivated with ability to work independently in a fast paced environment with changing priorities.
- Computer skills to include Microsoft programs. Must be able to use computer programs to keep track of administrative tasks such as reports writing, analysis of work orders, evaluations, etc.
- ERP/MRP system experience beneficial
- English skills must be proficient to understand, read, write and speak English
- Bilingual English/ Spanish preferred
- Ability to work overtime and weekends as required
- Must be committed to the success of the entire organization.
- Requirements included, but are not limited to:
- Must be able to stand and walk for prolonged periods of time.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to push, pull, twist, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, and crawl.
- Must be able to perform repetitive motions such as reaching and grasping.
- Work environment is in a warehouse and temperatures inside vary between hot or cold based on the outside conditions.
- This is a fast paced environment with constantly changing priorities.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $30,000.00 /year
- High school or equivalent
- supervisory role: 2 years